I prepared eggless sapota muffins for the show with crushed walnuts topping. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see the show as it was telecasted when I was out on a vacation. Luckily, one of my family friends shared me a clipping yesterday from the youtube version of the show. I will share it here in my blog once I get a clear picture of it.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour / Atta - 1 and 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Sapodilla / Sapota / Chiku Puree - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
Walnuts - 1/2 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the muffin tray with muffin liners. Chop the walnuts roughly. Peel the skin and remove the seeds of sapota. Puree it. Mix wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder. Keep everything aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix milk and sugar till sugar dissolves.
3) Add oil and mix again.
4) Add dry ingredients (Wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda). Mix well and the mixture would turn thick.
5) Add sapota puree and vanilla essence. Blend it well. In between add half of the mixed walnuts.
6) Take a scoop of batter and pour in muffin tray.
7) Top it with saved crushed walnuts.
8) Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes or till the toothpin inserted into it comesout clean.
9) Once done, transfer to a wire basket and allow it to cool completely.
1) You can adjust sugar based on the sweetness of sapota. No need to use an entire cup.
2) Don't add water while making the sapota puree. Choose ripe sapota for best results.
3) Any kind of nuts can be used.