I planned to prepare couple of mocktails this weekend. But all my plans have changed when the house is filled with guests. I had a great time with family and cooked a big meal for 10+ count. Cooking and serving them made me busy and after the lunch, I was damn tired and not able to purchase anything for the planned mocktail preparations.
Last night, a random checking at my refrigerator to plan today's meal, a spark came in my mind and thought why don't we prepare a mocktail using the readily available ingredients at home. What else, I used few of the ingredients to make a simple yet tasty alcohol free drinks. All were prepared using the easily available household fruits and veggies. My third entry to Urban Dazzle by IFBM 2014 is using fresh ginger and Indian Gooseberry.
I love to serve this mocktail in this glassware. The self textured glass would go well with this transparent, pale green drink.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
For Ginger Amla Shot:
Ginger - 2 inch piece, skin removed
Amla / Indian Goose berry - 3 no., sliced and pitted
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Soda - 1 cup
Water - 2-3 cups
Mint leaves - 4-5 nos.,
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Amla wedges - 10 nos.,
Mint leaves - 10-15 nos.
Ice cubes - 1 cup
Lemon slices - few
1) Extract the juice from ginger and amla by adding enough water using a blender.
2) Filter the juice alone to a large bowl.
3) Add crushed mint leaves, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
4) Pour in soda. Add water and adjust as per the taste.
5) Fill the serving glasses half by ice cubes, amla wedges. Pour the juice over it. Decorate it with lemon slices and mint leaves.
6) Serve chill.