Mushroom - 1 cup, cleaned & sliced
Rice - 1.5 cup
Carrot - 1, finely chopped
Beans - 5 nos, finely chopped
Peas - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 small size
Soy sauce - 1 tablespoonRed/green chilli sauce - 1 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Coriander leaves - 1 string, for garnishing
Spring onions - 2 nos, for garnishing
1) Clean the rice once or twice using water.
2) With one cup of rice, a teaspoon oil and salt. Pressure cook / boil the rice by adding 3 cups of water.
3) When rice is cooked, remove it from the cooker / pan and mix it gently.
4) Spread on wide plate to cool them. Instead you can also go for cold rice/left over rice for preparing fried rice.
5) Remove the stem of the mushoom and clean them using a wet towel.
6) Cut them into medium slices.
7) Meanwhile, take a pan and heat oil in it.8) Add finely chopped onion. Saute well. When they are half sauteed, add vegetables and sprinkle little water. Toss on high heat to cook the vegetables.
9) Add mushrooms to the pan.
10) Add salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce and pepper powder. Mix them well.
11) Toss for few minutes in low flame.
12) Mix the cooked rice with this and toss gently. Make sure the soy sauce is coated well with rice.
13) Garnish with coriander or chopped spring onions and serve the rice hot.
1) You can use either coriander leaves or spring onions for garnishing.
2) If you prefer washing mushrooms, then (pat)dry them well before adding to the pan.
3) Increase or decrease the pepper quantity according to your taste.