To my knowledge, only few people like the taste of Bitter gourd. People have a concern about its bitterness. You can try this deep fry recipe and you would definitely like it. It reduces the bitterness to some extent. Everyone in my family likes bitter gourd and we usually have it once a week. We cook bitter gourd in many ways among which I have posted my most favorite recipe here.
Bitter gourd - 3 nos, large size
Oil - For deep frying
Salt - to taste
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon or to taste
1) Wash bitter gourd and wipe using the clean kitchen towel.
2) Cut them into 2 inch length slices and remove the seeds.
3) Cut again into thin slices as shown in picture.(cutting method shown in clockwise direction)
4) After cutting is done, heat oil in a pan.
5) Drop a slice into oil to check the heat of oil.
6) When oil is hot enough, deep fry all the slices in batches.
7) When the colour of turns to darker, take away from oil and put them in a plate covered with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
8) When excess oil drains, transfer to bowl.
9) Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
10) Bitter gourd fry is ready to eat. Bitter gourd lovers can eat this like chips or serve with rice.