The recipe blogged here is very simple, quick, tasty, stomach filling and healthy tuna stir fry. The combo of Plain Dal, Rasam and Tuna fish fry become success among my family members and I have started repeating this combo nowadays :-).
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-35 minutes
Canned Tuna Fish - 2 tins of 180grams (I used tuna in brine)
Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Capsicum - 1, chopped, anycolour
Red chilli powder - 2 teaspoon / to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Mustard and urid Dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Oil - 3 teaspoon
1) Drain the water from tuna cans and keep them aside.
2) In a frying pan, Heat oil.
3) When it is hot, add mustard seeds and urid dal. Allow them to splutter.
4) Add curry leaves followed by onion.
5) Saute onions till they are translucent.
6) Add capsicum and stir fry till it cooks well.
7) Add drained tuna fish, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan.
8) Crumble using your ladle so that tuna fish and spices mix properly.
9) Stir fry till the tuna fish cooks well.
10) Serve it hot with rice.