Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 6 burgers
Chickpeas - 1 cup
Grated carrot - 1 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Green chillies - 2 no, minced
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Garam masala - a pinch
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / Maida - 2 tablespoons
Burger breads - 6 nos
Tomato - 3 nos
Onion - 2 large nos
Cabbage - 1/4 cup, sliced
Pizza sauce - 6 tablespoon or as required
2) Pressure cook it by adding 2 cups of water and when it done, drain the water and grind them coarsely. Make sure it is little dry. Keep it aside.
3) Take a pan and heat oil in it. When it is hot, add ginger garlic and minced green chilli. Stir for few seconds.
4) Add onions and saute them till they are soft and transparent.
5) Add grated carrot(or any vegetable of your choice) and stir it to cook without adding water.
6) When the carrots get cooked well, add ground chickpeas. Give a quick stir.
7) Add Garam masala, turmeric powder and salt.
8) Continue stirring till it turns into a kind of dough like substance. At this stage remove it from heat and allow it to cool down.
9) Divide the dough generously into 6 balls and make patties with the thickness of 1 cm as we prepare for cutlets. Keep them aside.
10) Add little water to All Purpose flour and make a watery batter. In another wide plate take bread crumbs.
11) Dip the patty first into batter and then into bread crumbs. Place the breadcrumbs coated patty in a baking tray.
12) Repeat the step for other patties. Slightly coat the patties with oil.
13) Bake them for 30 minutes or until they turn golden brown in colour in a 250C preheated oven.
14) You can also shallow fry them in a skillet as we do for cutlets. I shallow fried 3 and baked 3 patties.
15) Once baked/shallow fried, cool them slightly so that they can be served with burgers.
1) Take burger buns and coat the inner side with pizza sauce / tomato ketchup.
2) Place the cabbage slices just beneath these buns.
3) Place a patty followed by one slice of tomato and 2 slices of onions.
4) On the top, place the other slice of the burger bun.
5) Have a big bite and enjoy.
Thanks Priya for letting me know. Sending this recipe to Priya's "Fast Food, not Fat Food" which is hosted by Vardhini.