Though I have tried many cakes, this egg less orange cake got the first opportunity to write about it in my blog. This is my first egg less cake too. I adopted this recipe from jewishfood. I still wonder without butter and egg, how this recipe gave a perfect results. I would say this is the best cake recipe for beginners.
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40minutes
All purpose flour/Maida - 1.5 cups
Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Orange juice - 1 cup, (fresh or store bought)
Oil - 1/3 cup (any vegetable oil)
Grated orange zest - 1 teaspoon
1) Grate the zest from orange and extract juice from it. (I used 2 oranges to extract 1 cup of juice). If you are using store bought orange juice ignore this step.
2) Grease 8 inch round cake pan using oil and dust with flour. Preheat the oven to 350F(180C).
3) In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix to incorporate all the ingredients well.
4) Add orange juice,vegetable oil and orange zest.
5) Stir just enough to combine the ingredients. Don't over stir the batter, it might stop raising the cake when baking.
6) Immediately after stirring the batter, pour it into a cake pan and keep inside the oven.
7) Bake it for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. You can see the brown colour on top of the cake for the perfect finished one.
8) Cool completely and Serve with hot tea.