This powder has many variations and it slightly differ from the one which i blogged here. It is mixed with oil to the ratio of 1:2 (1 teaspoon powder: 2 teaspoon oil) while serving for Idly/Dosa.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Makes - 1 and 3/4 cups powder
Urid dal - 1 cup
Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
Dry red chillies - 6-8 nos
Salt - to taste
Garlic - 3 cloves
1) In a dry pan, add channa dal and dry roast it.
2) After few minutes, Add urid dal, red chillies. Dry roast all the ingredients till they become golden brown. It might take 10-15 minutes.
3) When dry roasting is done, allow it to cool.
4) Add the roasted dals into the mixer/food processor and grind it to a powder.
5) Towards the end of the grinding, add the chopped garlic cloves and grind for few minutes.
6) As per your liking, grind it to a smooth powder or coarse powder.