Yum! Yum! Yum! Yes, I am blogging my favorite kebabs today. Generally the name 'meat' comes to our mind when we hear about kebabs. However, this Persian dish had no defined rule for the ingredients, we started to implement the method with our own and favorite ingredients.
In the same way, I have used only vegetables so this kebabs entirely differs from the usual kebabs. The way the vegetables are threaded in the skewers makes even a kid to go mad on seeing this dish. The attractive and colorful vegetables, wonderful flavor from marinating masala would be loved by all.
The vegetable kebab can also be prepared without oven. After marinating, thread in skewers and shallow fry the kebabs in a pan using olive oil.
Preparation Time: <15 minutes
Idle Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Capsicums - 3 small nos(green, red, yellow), cubed
Egg plants - 2 small, cubed
Onion - 1 small, cubed
Paneer - 6 nos
Bamboo skewers - 5 nos
Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Garam Masala - a pinch
Salt - to taste
1) In a wide bowl, mix all the ingredients specified for kebabs.
2) Add all the ingredients specified for marinating.
3) Toss well to mix the marinating masala evenly with the kebab vegetables.
4) Keep inside the refrigerator for an hour or overnight. Also soak bamboo skewers in water for an hour or overnight.
5) After an hour, thread in all the vegetables in bamboo skewers as shown in picture.
6) Keep the bamboo skewers inside the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or till the vegetables get cooked with the temperature of 250C(480F).
7) Serve hot with roti or rice with lemon slices.
Sending this recipe to Khushi's What's on your Kebab Platter.