Dry Fruits Milkshake is the one which I love to drink in all seasons. It is the best and easy source of energy supplement for all including kids. It also contains essential nutrients.
Few Benefits as per my knowledge:
1) Dates are source of fiber, glucose and fructose and easy digestiable.
2) Figs provides rich iron which keep our body very active.
3) Cashews are used for protecting our body and nervous system.
4) Raisins are used to avoid constipation(My Mom's tip) as it is rich in fibre.
5) Almonds are source of Iron, copper, phosphorus and vitamin B1 and E. It also has few cancer fighting qualities and strengthen bones and teeth.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Dried Figs - 5 nos
Seedless Dates - 4 nos
Mixture of Raisins, Almonds and Cashewnuts - 1/4 cups
Cold Milk - 2 cups
Honey - 1 tablespoon (Optional)
1) Grind all the ingredients except milk and honey in a food processor/mixer to a fine paste.
2) Then, Add milk and honey(If using). Continue mixing for 2 minute or till you get the smooth texture.
3) Pour in glasses and serve chill.
1) You can also soak almonds for few hours and use. Remove the skins if you are doing so.
2) Additional dried fruits like apricots, peaches can also be added. It is absolutely your choice.
3) I usually do not add honey. I feel the sweetness in the dates are sufficient for me.