Since no one at my home is fond of hard boiled eggs, I prepare this pulusu once in a blue moon. But it helps in situation when I don't have any vegetables. yes! With only onion and egg, you can finish preparing this. Addition of tomato is absolutely based on personal preference and add it if you have.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Egg - 3 nos, hard boiled
Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry size, +/- according to the sourness of the tamarind.
Onion - 1 small size, chopped
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Mustard seeds and urid dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 1 string
1) Boil eggs in sauce pan filled with water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile chop onion and soak tamarind in a cup of warm water.
2) Remove the shell of eggs and set aside after boiling. Extract the juice from tamarind and keep aside.
3) Take a pan and heat oil in it.
4) Add fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urid dal. Let them splutter.
8) Now, prick the eggs using a fork and add them to the hot gravy.
10) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.