Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
All purpose flour/ Plain Flour/ Maida - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1 teaspoon
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1 tablespoon, melted, cooled to room temperature
Egg - 1/2 well beaten egg
Walnuts - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
Strong black coffee - 1/2 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 2 medium size or 3 mini ramekins with butter or cooking spray.
2) Sift flour,baking powder and cocoa powder together. Add brown sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
4) Pour this wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
6) Spoon the batter into the greased ramekins. Make sure to maintain the batter level between 1/2 to 3/4 of the ramekins.
8) Then, pour over the coffee on top of cocoa powder. Do not stir.
10) Once done, serve with whipped cream or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or serve with vanilla ice cream.
1) I used only 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of black coffee for topping and still it tasted very good.
2) I prepared black coffee using Nescafe instant coffee powder. I think BRU can also workout.