I reduced the quantity mentioned in the book by half and prepared only for 2 servings. Here you go with the recipe details. Prepare yourself and enjoy with lemon curd.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Low fat spread/butter - 2 tablespoons
Caster sugar - 2 tablespoons
Egg - 1 no
Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Self raising flour - 1/2 cup - 1 tablespoon
Lemon zest - from small lemon, finely grated
Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
Lemon curd - 6 teaspoons (See here for the recipe)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C(gas mark 4) or If it is a fan oven, keep it as 160C.
2) Grease the two pudding pan with butter or cooking spray.
3) Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and whisk for a minute.
4) Add flour, lemon zest and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix for another minute.
1) When pudding pans are inside the oven, prepare sauce. In a sauce pan, mix remaining lemon juice and lemon curd with 2 tablespoons of water. Increase or decrease the ingredients according to taste.
2) Gently heat to make a sauce.
1) Once the sponges are ready, Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and turn the pudding out of the mould.
2) Spoon over the sauce on top of sponges and serve warm.
1) I felt the sauce is very less in quantity for two puddings, I served the lemon curd on top the sponges with sauce.