Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Idle Time: 30-60 minutes
Makes: 20-25 pinwheels
For outer layer:
Marie/Mcvities/Tea Biscuits - 20 nos (half packet approx)
Cocoa Powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 tablespoon
Milk - As required to make dough
For inner layer:
Dessicated coconut/Dry coconut - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup (+/- according to your taste)
Butter - 2 tablespoons
Cardamom powder - 1/8 teaspoon
1) Using the mixer/coffee grinder/food processor, powder the biscuits first and towards the end, add cocoa powder and sugar. Make a smooth powder. Sift it so that it makes the rolling process easy.
6) Roll tightly like a cylindrical shape and seal the cracks if any.
8) After 30-60 minutes, cut them into small pinwheels with the width of half inch.
9) Serve chill.
1) If you do not have dessicated coconut, cream the sugar and butter and use as inside layer. In fact, this gives very perfect shape than pinwheels using dessicated coconut.
2) Mix some coffee powder to the milk to get some coffee flavor.
3) You can store it for 2 days but I bet it can not stay at your home for 2 days.