Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Idle Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 15-20 cookies
All purpose flour/ Plain flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Icing Sugar - 1/2 cup
Roasted ground almond - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
Ghee/Clarified butter - 1/2 cup, melted and cooled to room temperature
Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Edible food colours - pink, yellow and blue (change with the colour you have)
Caster sugar - for coating the cookies
1) Combine all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Sift it for even mixing.
2) Add Icing sugar, roasted ground almond, ghee, salt and vanilla extract one by one.
3) Make smooth dough. Final dough will be soft and tight. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
5) Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
6) Add enough food colour and knead well for 5 minutes so that the colour spreads out all over the dough.
7) Pinch approx 3g from each colour dough and combine them into one small ball. (I took more than 3g for time saving :-))
8) When you combine 3 colour, you get a marbled shape ball. Repeat the step and make marbled balls for the remaining dough.
9) Arrange them in a baking tray with 2 inches apart.
10) Bake it for 15-20 minutes.
1) Cookies enlarge when they are baked. so make sure to make <10g for each cookie to make perfect shaped cookie balls.
2) Measure ghee after melting. Add ghee little at a time till you make a soft dough.
3) You can use ready to use store bought ground almond or roast and grind the skinless almonds at home.