This is one of the easiest paneer recipes, which can be prepared in a jiffy and at the same time gives a delicious taste. You will find a big list of serving suggestions for this recipe. It can be used as a stuffing for sandwich, side dish for roti/rice, stuffing for tortilla roll, can be used as a topping for bruschetta or can be eaten directly with spoon. I prefer the last option :-)
As TH and I like capsicum a lot, I added them with this dish. You can add any vegetables available at hand or simply go only with paneer. Everything goes out well with this dish.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Paneer - 1 cup, crumbled
Capsicum - 1/2 cup, cubed, any colour
Peas - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Tomato - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green chilli - 2 no, slice vertically
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
1) Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and sliced green chillies. Allow it to crackle.
2) Add onion and saute well till it turns translucent.
3) Add tomato saute till it get completely mashes.
4) Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
5) Add capsicums and peas. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
6) Add crumbled paneer and continue frying for another 2-3 minutes. Initially paneer forms a sticky texture but after few minutes, it will again get the crumble texture.
7) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti/rice. We enjoyed it as stuffing for tortilla.
1) If you are making paneer at home, use the excess, shapeless corners while cutting into cubes for preparing this bhurji.
2) Store bought paneer also gives a best result for this dish.
3) Add any vegetables as per your choice.
Check out what others are cooking for Blogging Marathon by clicking it here.