Preparation & Cooking time: 45 - 50 minutes
Makes: 8 nos
Paneer - 1 cup, crumbled
Granulated sugar - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 2 nos
Saffron streaks - a small pinch
Pistachio nuts - 1 tablespoon, roughly crushed
1) Mix sugar and cardamom together and make a powder of it using a coffee grinder or mixer. Keep it aside.
2) Knead the crumbled paneer for 5-10 minutes.
8) Divide them into equal balls and make desired shapes.
1) Try to prepare sandesh using fresh paneer. If you don't have paneer, try replace it with ricotta cheese. It will also work out.
2) Do not heat after the paneer forms a thick dough. Otherwise, you will ended up with paneer crumbles which you can't use for making shapes.
3) At the same time, do not allow the sauteed/cooked paneer to sit for long time. Make shapes when it is slightly warm. This helps making perfect shapes.
4) You can also add milk powder/corn starch before cooking the paneer in pan. But I felt adding corn starch made the Sandesh litter harder than usual. So, I skipped adding it this time while preparing it.
I'm linking this recipe to Srivalli's Blogging Marathon #12 under the theme of paneer. Check out what others are cooking by clicking it here.