It is a book by Anjum Anand in which I tried all her recipes except few non-vegetarian recipes.I liked all of them and here comes my next entry after the Paneer Bruschetta from her book.
It has now become as one of the most wanted gravies by my family members. I am sure you also like it.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes - 8 hours
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Chicken - 400 grams, boneless, skinless
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Plain yogurt/Curd - 2 tablespoons
Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Poppy Seeds - 1 tablespoon
Cloves - 6 nos
Whole black pepper - 1/2 tablespoon
Fennel seeds - 2 teaspoons
Dry red chillies - 6 nos
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon stick - 2 inch length piece
Oil - 4 tablespoons
Onion - 1 no, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 no, blended to a smooth paste
Curry Leaves - 2 strings
Salt - to taste
Turmeric powder - as required
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
1) Wash and cut the chicken into cubes. Mix all the ingredients given for marinade and then mix with the chicken cubes. Marinate it for minimum of 30 minutes to maximum of 8 hours or overnight.
9) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
10) Add lemon juice and curry leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.
1) After adding chicken, it is optional to add water. Chicken cubes itself leaves out some water while cooking. So increase or decrease the water quantity as per your need.
2) Add water with the powdered spice mix to avoid lumps.