Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: more than 3 dozens (based on the thickness of Ritz cracker, It might vary)
All Purpose Flour / Maida / Plain Flour - 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 1/2 tablespoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon for topping
Cold unsalted butter - 3 tablespoon + 1 and 1/2 tablespoons for brushing, melted
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Water - 1/3 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the baking tray with the baking sheet.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix well till all the ingredients are incorporated well.
3) Add cold unsalted butter to the mixing bowl and mix well.
4) Next, add oil and mix well.
6) Very slightly knead it and divide into medium sized balls.
8) Using a cookie cutter cut the dough. Use any of your favourite shaped cookie cutter.
10) Using a fork, make holes in each of the ritz pattern. Putting holes in the cookie helps the cookie to bake correctly.
12) When cookies are in the oven, melt the remaining butter and mix it with salt.
13) When the cookies are out of oven, brush them immediately using the melted butter and salt mix. I skipped this part and added more salt while making dough. It is up to you to prepare your preference.
14) Cool slightly and enjoy with tea.