As an immediate effect of blogging, I collected notes of making different recipes using it. My grandma gave me a suggestion of preparing rasam, sundal, vadai and cutlet using it. I prepared all of them using it but I was able to click only this kollu vadai recipe.
The preparation is exactly the same like how we prepare paruppu vadai. If you are not aware of what is kollu, read here.
Even if You hate kollu, you like this crispy vada. It is an alternate way to make your kids to eat healthy food.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 2-3 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 14-16 vadais
Kollu / Horsegram - 1 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Coriander leaves - 1 string
Asafoetida - a pinch
Green chilli - 3 nos, finely chopped
Ginger - 1 inch, finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep frying
1) Soak kollu in 2 cups of water for 2-3 hours.
2) After 3 hours, drain the water completely with the help of colander.
4) After 10 minutes, add chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt to the ground kollu. Mix it well.
6) Meanwhile, take a small lemon sized kollu from the bowl and slightly press it to form the patties. Use Ziploc or any clean polythene cover to do this job easier.
8) Fry till both the sides turns crispy and slightly darker in colour. Flip in between using a ladle for proper frying of patties.
10) Serve hot with coconut chutney or any sauce.
Linking this event to the event, Priya's Fast Food is NOT Fat Food event which is going on here.