Preparation Time: 15 minutes ( excluding 20-30 minutes to cook rice )
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Rice - 2 and 1/2 cups , cooked and cooled
Egg - 3-4 nos
Onion / Bottom part of the spring onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Oil - 5 teaspoons
Carrot - 2 nos, finely sliced
Beans - 10 nos, sliced
Soy sauce - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Spring onion - 4 nos, finely sliced
1) Take a pan and pour 1 teaspoon of oil and spread it evenly.
2) Break the eggs and pour them to the pan. Wait for 30 seconds and start scramble it using a ladle. Add little salt as per the egg quantity.
4) In the same pan, heat the remaining oil.
5) When it is hot, add the bottom part of the spring onion. If you don't have the spring onion, you can use the normal onion. I used both here.
8) Add the rice and eggs. Toss well in low flame. Make sure the rice, egg and vegetables are mixed well.
1) The taste of the fried rice differs based on the quality of soy sauce you use. So try to use only good quality soy sauce for correct taste.
2) Few brands of soy sauce gives salty taste, so after adding soy sauce, add salt as per your taste.
3) Increase or decrease the soy sauce and pepper quantity as per your taste buds.
4) If you are using uncooked rice, use 1 cup for the above said quantity. Wash the rice 2 or 3 times and cook it as per the instructions given in the pack.Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a wide plate and allow it to cool. Cooked and cooled rice will workout very well for this fried rice.