Tofu is something which look like a Paneer but it is made by coagulating the soy milk instead of our cow milk. It has low calorie, high protein, iron and has little fat. For more information about tofu, click here.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Peas - 1 cup, fresh or frozen
Firm tofu - 1 cup, cut into cubes
Tomatoes - 2 nos, small size
Onion - 1 no, medium size
Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon stick - 2 cm length
Bay leaf - 1 no
Black pepper - 4 nos
Cloves - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Whole milk - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 4 strings, forgarnishing (Optional)
1) Make a paste of tomato and keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai/frying pan/sauce pan. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, crushed black pepper and bayleaves.
3) When the spices spreads nice aroma to the kitchen, add onion and cook until soft and brown.
4) Add ginger garlic paste and add saute for few minutes.
5) Add tomato paste (As said in step 1) mix well.
8) When the gravy starts boiling, simmer the flame and cover the pan untill you get the think creamy gravy consistency.
10) Serve with steamed rice.
1) Use only fresh and frozen peas for the best result.
2) As the gravy is little watery consistency, It will go good only with rice.
3) If you are not getting tofu at your place of stay, substitute tofu with paneer.