Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 15 - 17 laddus
Source: Manjula's Kitchen
Basen / Gram flour / Kadalai mavu - 1 and 1/2 cup
Semolina / Rava - 2 tablespoons
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Almonds - 1/4 cup, sliced
Cardamom - 3 nos
Almonds or Pistachios - for garnishing
1) Mix both sugar and cardamom in a mixer and make a powder of it. Keep it aside.
2) In a kadai / wide pan, mix basen, rava and dry roast for few minutes. Add ghee to this mixture and continue roasting for few more minutes in low flame.
4) Transfer the mixture to the bowl.
8) Cool to room temperature and store in a container.
1) Roasting part of the besan is important and make sure to roast it correctly for perfect tasting besan laddus.
2) If you are not able to form laddu shape, add little more warm ghee to act as a bind factor. Use very little quantity.
3) Increase or decrease the almonds as personal preference.