I have chosen the pressure cook method which makes the job easier. You can also boil in a large pot with extra water, but this method will take longer time than the pressure cook method. When you choose to boil it in a pot, check for salt and softness of the peanuts at even intervals to get perfect boiled peanuts.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Fresh peanuts in shell / Raw peanuts in shell - 5 cups
Salt - 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Water - 2 cups
1) Wash the peanuts in running water until the water runs clean. Make sure to remove mud and other dusts while cleaning.
3) After 15 minutes, drain the water completely and add the peanuts to the pressure cooker.
5) Add 2 cups of water or add water just below the peanut level. Refer the below picture. Stir well.
7) Wait for the steam to release from the cooker. Once it is done, open the lid and drain the water.
9) Allow it to cool for a while and eat them.
1) You might need to decrease or increase the number of whistles according to the maturity of the peanuts.
2) As soon as you cook, remove the peanuts from the salty water. Otherwise, the peanuts become messy and salty.