We enjoyed it for tiffin with a hot cup of tea. Also I prepared Bread pizza with cheese topping. The bread was soft, moist and little crumble.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 6-7 people
Milk / Buttermilk - 1 cup
Oil / Butter - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 2 nos
Cornmeal - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Jalapeno Peppers - 2 nos, finely chopped
1) Grease the loaf pan (I used 2lb, 25CM X 12CM pan) with butter and dust it with flour.
2) Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
3) In a mixing bowl, mix milk,oil and eggs. Beat well.
4) In another large mixing bowl, mix cornmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make sure to incorporate all the dry ingredients well.
6) Add the chopped, seeded jalapeno peppers. Mix again.
8) Bake it in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. It took 35 minutes for me.
10) Slice and serve with hot tea.
1) Use soft cornmeal for baking this bread.
2) Increase the number of jalapeno peppers for extra hit of spiciness.