Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Idle Time: 4-6 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12-15 vadais
Sabudana / Javvarisi / Sago / Tapioca - 1 cup
Potato - 4 small numbers
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
Green chillies - 5 nos, finely sliced
Coriander leaves - 4 strings, finely chopped
Curry leaves - 2 strings, finely chopped
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - as required for deep frying
1) Wash Javvarisi in a running water and drain the water properly. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of water and cover it. Keep it aside for 4 to 6 hours.
3) Dry roast the peanuts and peel off the skins. Put it in a food processor/mixer and make a course powder. Keep it aside.
4) After 4 hours, take the Javvarisi in a mixing bowl along with mashed potato and peanuts.
7) Make small round patties and arrange them in a plate.
8) Heat oil in kadai / pan. Once it is ready, drop the prepared patties one by one in oil.
10) Serve hot with hot tea / coffee / any of your favourite chutney.
1) First time when I prepared this vada, few of them were burst out. So, Make sure to use good quality sago/javvarisi for making this vada. Also make sure the sago is soft before mixing with potato.
2) Make sure the sago, potato and peanut mixture is properly bound. Other wise, sago will come out separately while frying.
3) You can also add crushed peanuts to the vada, for the crunchy taste.