Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Tender stems of any green - 2 cups, chopped
Channa dal - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 small no, finely chopped
Green chilli - 2-3 nos
Curry leaves - 1 string
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder - a small pinch
Fresh coconut - 2 tablespoons, grated
1) Soak channa dal for 10 minutes.
4) Add mustard seeds followed by curry leaves and green chillies when the oil is hot.
5) Add onion. Saute for a minute.
6) Add the stem, channa dal mixture to it. Mix well. Add salt and turmeric powder. Cook for a minute.
8) Serve with any of your favourite gravy and steamed rice.
1) You can use dry red chilli instead of green chilli.
2) Make sure not to mushy channa dal and stems.