I have few recipes in drafts and I will be posting them hereafter when I don't get time to shoot new recipes. I want to post this citrus flavoured cake in my blog for a long time and now I am finally doing it. I have adapted this cake from US Masala. Thanks to Puja for the wonderful cake. It came out super soft and moist.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 6 people
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Corn starch - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Orange juice - 3/4 cup (Choose fresh juice for best results)
Egg - 1 no, room temperature
Extra virgin olive oil - 4 tablespoon
Orange zest - 1 tablespoon
1) Preheat the oven to 375F(190.5C) for 15 minutes. Grease the loaf tin (I used 2lb, 25CM X 12CM) pan with butter/spray. Dust it with flour. Keep it aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Keep it aside.
3) In another mixing bowl, add egg and sugar.
5) Add orange zest . Mix well.
6) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix it well.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 375F(190.5C) or until the toothpick which was inserted into the cake can be pulled out neat & clean.