Both smooth as well as crunchy peanut butter worked out well for me in this recipe. These cookies have crunchy outside and chewy, gooey inside and as a whole, you never stop eating only one. I followed exactly what was given in the original recipe and I only reduced chocolate chip quantity to 3/4 cup as I had only that much quantity by the time of trying these cookies. Try them. The are very easy to prepare also.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 24 cookies
Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup (I used dark brown sugar)
Egg- 1 no
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Peanut butter - 3/4 cup (I used Crunchy Peanut Butter)
All purpose flour / Maida / Plain flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - a pinch
Chocolate chips - 3/4 cup or 1 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 175ºC.
2) Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
3) Take a mixing bowl. Mix together butter and sugar till it get creamy texture.
4) Add egg and vanilla extract till it incorporate well with the creamy butter and sugar mixture.
5) Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
7) Finally add chocolate chips and mix again.
8) Scoop out a tablespoon full of batter from the bowl and drop it in the prepared parchment paper. I was able to make balls and arranged them as slightly flatten balls in parchment paper.
9) Bake it for 12 minutes or till you get slight golden colour outside for the cookies.
10) Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for few more minutes.Once they are cooled they become more crunchy.
11) Serve warm.
1) As I used dark brown sugar, I have dark coloured cookies.
2) I was able to bake cookies correctly with 12 minutes but I had slightly crumble texture for few of the cookies. So, keep on keep on eye to your oven after 10 minutes itself.