Pachama Podi Upma literally means Pacha Mavu(Raw rice flour) Podi(Crumble) Upma, A upma that is prepared using raw rice flour which gives a small crumble texture as an end result.
The upma tasted really good with nice flavor from more/moar (curd) milagai and asafoetida. Point to mention here is that the crust of the upma which forms in the bottom part of the pan tasted very very good, but be careful not to burn it, otherwise you can't enjoy its taste.
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Rice flour - 1 cup
Curd / Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
More Milagai / Dahi mirchi / Curd marinated dried chillies - 2 nos (optional)
Dry red chillies - 3-4 nos
Curry leaves - 1 string
Channa dal - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida - a pinch
Oil - 2 tablespoons
1) Take the rice flour in a mixing bowl and add salt.
2) Add yogurt/curd gently to the rice flour and make a dough of it. Keep aside.
4) Add the prepared dough to the pan. Start stirring it. Adjust the salt if required.
6) Once cooked, transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy. It won't stick to your fingers once it is properly cooked.
1) Reduce the salt quantity if you are using more milagai as this itself has salt in it.
2) Increase or decrease the curd as per your taste.