We have been preparing this Cumin water from the day when I was a child. My mom prepares it mostly when we travel a lot for more than 3 days for any functions or going for tours. Without knowing for what purpose she gave it to us, me and my sis simply consumed it those days. But only after I had grown up, I came to know about its health benefits. I have listed out few health benefits below up to my knowledge. If you know more about this healthy drink, please share it with me.
1) Improves Digestion and Metabolism.
2) Cures Digestive Disorders - This can be achieved by drinking warm cumin water. It also helps in vanishing the stomach aches and reduces acidity.
3) Due its rich iron content, It helps to increase the red blood cell formation.
4) Increase the immunity power.
5) It helps to reduce the abdominal gas and increase the appetite.
6) Helps in liver functioning.
7) Helps to provide glowing skin.
8) Increase the lactation for the feeding mothers.
9) Aids in common cold and Sinus.
10) Improves kidney function and discharge of urine.
11) Regulates the menstrual cycle in women.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 3/4 litre, approximately
Drinking water - 1 liter
Cumin seeds - 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
1) In a clean sauce pan, heat 1 liter of drinking water.
2) When it starts boiling, add the cumin seeds.
3) Allow the water to boil for 10-15 minutes in a rolling boil.
5) Filter to remove the cumin seeds from the water.
6) Transfer filtered water to a jug and drink whenever required. Best to drink when it is warm.