Happy Valentine's day those who celebrate it.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6 persons
Bread slices - 6 nos, preferably thick, white breads
Butter / Oil - 2 - 4 tablespoons
Milk - 1/2 liter, I used full cream milk
Sugar - 1/4 -1/2 cup
Corn flour - 2 teaspoons
Water - 1/2 cup
Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 2 nos, crushed
Saffron - a big pinch
1) Heat milk in the heavy bottom, deep pan. When it reaches warm temperature, take one or two ladle of milk to a small bowl and add saffron to it. Let it sit till the milk completely boils.
2) When the milk is boiling, reduce the temperature to low.
6) Arrange the bread slices in a wide plate.
7) Pour the sugar syrup to the plate where bread slices are arranged. Make sure to coat all bread slices with sugar syrup. Remove and keep aside. If you have leftover sugar syrup, add to the rabri. Else, add 4-5tablespoons of sugar to the rabri. This addition of sugar to rabri is optional. Refrigerate the rabri till you serve.
9) Garnish with chopped nuts and serve.
1) Increase the sugar quantity as per your taste.
2) Addition of corn flour is optional. I want my rabri to be thick and hence added corn flour.
3) I used 1/2 cup of sugar and I had left over sugar syrup. Added this to the rabri and stored in refrigerator. Before serving, Placed the sugar syrup coated bread slices in the serving plate and poured the rabri. Decorated it with chopped nuts.