Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Bread slices - 5 - 6 nos (leftover, side crust would do. I used 3 breads and crust from 6 bread slices)
Ripe Tomato - 3 nos, medium size, finely chopped
Onion - 1 nos, small size, finely chopped
Garlic - 5 cloves, finely chopped
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Red chilli flakes - 2 teaspoons
Salt - to taste
Tomato ketchup - 2 teaspoons
Oregano - 1/2 teaspoons
Water - 3-4 cups
Black pepper powder - as required
1) In a saucepan, heat oil. When it is hot and not smoking, add garlic and onion. Saute till they become golden brown.
2) Add tomato and continue sauteing. Saute till the tomatoes are mashed well.
3) Add red chilli flakes and salt. Mix well.
4) Add bread slices now and saute it again.
6) Allow it to cool and blend it to a smooth paste.
7) Add remaining cups of water to the blended paste and heat it again. Increase or decrease the water quantity as per your desired consistency.
8) Add oregano and mix well. Taste and adjust the spice and salt level.
10) Serve hot by sprinkling black pepper powder.
1) The soup has slightly thick consistency. If you want, you can add more or reduce water as per personal preference.
2) Add Italian seasoning if your prefer.
3) Increase the tomato quantity if you prefer.