After reading the recipe, you might wonder as the preparation is similar to our one pot spinach rice. :-)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes for soaking rice
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup
Spinach leaves - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/3 cup
Green chillies - 2 nos
Onion - 1 no, small size, finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Vegetable stock / Water - 2 cups
Salt - to taste
1) Wash and soak basmathi rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, drain the water and keep aside.
2) Wash and clean the spinach and coriander leaves. Chop them and add them to the grinder/Mixer. Add green chillies it and grind it to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
4) Add garlic and onion when the oil is hot and not smoking. Saute till both become golden brown and releases nice aroma.
5) Add the drained rice and saute till the rice becomes brown.
7) Transfer this rice spinach mixture to the pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles. Once the steam suppresses, fluff it off using a fork.
1) Instead of pressure cooking, you can directly add 2 cups of water to the frying pan and cover it tightly for 10 minutes or until you don't see water in the pan.
2) The thumb rule for rice and water ratio is 1:2. However, it might change based on the rice brand. I followed the instructions given in my rice pack and added water accordingly.
Linking this recipe to Julie's Flavors Of Cuisines-"Mexican" guest hosted by My food treasures here.