Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 laddus
Finger Millet flour / Ragi flour / Keppai Maavu - 1 and 1/4 cups
Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup, firmly packed
Palm sugar / Jaggery - 3/4 cup, powdered
Cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Milk - as required to make laddus
1) In a heavy bottom pan, dry roast the ragi flour till the raw smell goes off. Keep the flame in low till you finish the roasting. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
2) In the same pan, add coconut and dry roast till it turns slightly brown and water free. Turn the flame off and transfer to the plate where we kept the ragi flour.
4) Mix all the ingredients(Ragi flour, Coconut and Palm sugar) along with cardamom powder.
6) Keep the laddus in room temperature for 5 minutes and store it in a container.
1) The laddus have shelf life of 3 days in room temperature. So make these in laddus in small quantity every time.
2) I added palm sugar for making laddus. Make sure to use good quality of palm sugar, otherwise you might find some impurities in it. You can also add Jaggery to it instead of palm sugar.
3) I never used desiccated coconut for making this laddu. So I am not sure about the taste and shelf life in case if you add desiccated coconut for making these laddus.