I often prepare this white pasta in smaller quantity. Once I finished cooking pasta first and checked my pantry to get the ingredients for preparing white sauce. I got all except the all purpose flour. Sometimes it irritates a lot when you are searching for something and you don't get it. So I decided to make pasta without that and used only cream and milk instead. I never thought that white pasta would look creamy even without all purpose flour. It also tasted good and after that I adopted this method to prepare creamy pasta every time.
If you are not calorie conscious, add few tablespoons of grated cheese.
Preparation Time: <5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 persons
Uncooked Pasta - 1 cup (I used penne pasta)
Onion - 1 no, medium size, finely chopped
Garlic - 5 cloves, small size, finely chopped
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Dried oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Black pepper powder - to taste
Double cream / Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
1) Wash pasta well and cook it with 3 cups of water. Add a teaspoon of oil to avoid pasta sticking to each other. Once the pasta is cooked well, drain the hot water and run under the cold water for few minutes. Keep aside.
2) Heat remaining oil in the pan and add onion and garlic when it is hot.
3) Saute it till the onion becomes soft and translucent. Make sure not to brown the onion.
4) Add dried herbs now and mix well. let it cook for few seconds.
6) Add cooked pasta to the boiling milk cream mixture. Mix well. Add salt and pepper. Toss again without breaking pasta.
7) If you find the pasta is dry, add more cream or if you find it too watery, keep in flame for few more minutes.