Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
Amla / Nellikkai / Indian Gooseberry - 4 nos, medium size
Coconut - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Green chillies - 2 nos
Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup (Use only fresh curd)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida - a pinch
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Curry leaves - 1 string
Water - 1 cup
1) In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water with salt and turmeric powder. When it is boiling add amlas and cook only for 3-5 minutes in full flame. Make sure not to over cook.
2) Once the amlas are cooked, allow it to cool to room temperature and chop them.
4) Take fresh curd in a bowl and beat it well for few seconds.
6) In a seasoning pan, heat oil and throw mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
8) Serve with any of your rice items.
1) Use only fresh, sour less curd for making this raita for perfect taste.
2) You can also add finely chopped coriander leaves to this raita.