After searching few recipes, stuck with this basic one from Joy of Baking. I followed her video and made 13 truffles coated with cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chocolate chips and decorative sugar balls. Preparing a perfect chocolate truffles with various flavors and professional look is on my next to-do list. Hope I will be preparing it soon. :-)
Preparation Time: <5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Idle Time: 2-4 hours
Makes: 13-15 truffles
Semi sweet chocolate - 113 grams, finely chopped (I used 62% cocoa chocolate)
Heavy cream / Double cream - 1/4 cup
Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon (Optional)
Powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons
Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Chocolate chips - 2 tablespoons
Almond / Walnuts / Cashew nuts - 2 tablespoons
Decorative sugar balls - 2 tablespoons
1) Heat double cream along with butter in a small and heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat.
2) When it is boiling, turn the flame off immediately and add chopped chocolate. Let it be for few minutes and stir it until it reaches smooth consistency.
3) This cream and chocolate mixture is called as ganache. Pour this ganache to a bowl. Alternately, you can take chocolate in a bowl and pour boiling heavy cream into it and mix well to get ganache.
5) I kept for 4 hours. After 4 hours, scoop out the ganache using a tablespoon and roll to a ball immediately before it melts.
6) Coat these truffles in powdered sugar or cocoa powder or in chocolate chips.
1) Use high quality chocolate for best truffles.
2) Add vanilla or other flavors as per your liking to this truffles.
3) You can also use bittersweet chocolate for making these truffles. I personally don't like bittersweet one and I prepared using bittersweet chocolate once and coated with sugar 3 or 4 times to eat it.