It is a vegan, guilt free, protein rich recipe which can be enjoyed by everyone. If you have concern about coconut and sugar, do the following alternate. Skip the coconut and add palm sugar instead of white sugar.
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Soaking Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 persons
Yellow Split Moong Dal / Mung Dal / Pasi Paruppu - 1 cup
Salt - a small pinch
Fresh coconut - 3 tablespoons, grated
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Green Cardamom - 2 nos, crushed
1) Soak yellow moong dal for an hour.
5) Make a crumble of it.
7) Serve it for breakfast or tiffin.
1) Instead of sugar you can add palm sugar to this puttu. Instead of whole cardamoms, you can also use cardamom powder.
2) You can also soak moong for whole night. Make sure not to add more water while grinding. If you have added more water while grinding, sometimes, the moong dal idlies may become hard. If so, break the idlies into four and just pulse it using mixer to get crumble.
3) Increase or decrease the grated coconut and sugar quantity based on your taste.