Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 Rotis
Wheat flour / Atta - 1 cup + 1/4 cup for dusting
Quick cooking Oats - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves - 3 strings, finely chopped
Water - As required to make the dough
1) In a dry mixer/ coffee grinder, take quick cooking oats and powder it.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix wheat flour, powdered oats, red chilli powder, oil, salt, cumin seeds and coriander leaves.
4) After 30 minutes, divide the dough into equal sized balls.
5) Roll each ball into round disc with the help of rolling pin. Use wheat flour for dusting.
7) Turn to other side after few seconds to cook the other side.
1) Use oil or butter to cook roti. I usually don't add oil while cooking roti, so I didn't add it.
2) Use maida or all purpose flour for dusting the rotis. This way you can avoid the white patches on the rotis to some extend.