The Recipe is Chocolate chip and Almond biscotti which I have tried from here. Everything came out super good for my first attempt. Try to use good quality flour and sharp knife to cut the log. Other than these two, I don't find anything else is difficult here. However, the difficulty level might change from person to person. So, take care of each steps while trying.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20 biscottis (approximate count)
All purpose flour - 1 and 3/4 cups
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Granulated Sugar - 2/3 cups
Eggs - 2 nos, large size
Chocolate chips - 100 grams
Almonds - 3/4 cup, blanched, toasted and chopped roughly
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the baking tray with a parchment paper.
2) In a small mixing bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together. Sift it and keep aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla extract till it reaches fluffy consistency.
5) Add chocolate chips and chopped almonds. Fold it well and make a dough.
6) Apply butter or oil or cooking spray in parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the baking tray.
8) Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until the top part looks firm. Check it by touching it using your finger. At this stage, remove the log from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
10) Place the biscotti back to the baking tray with cut side up. Bake it again for 10 minutes.
11) Take the baking tray out from the oven and turn the slices to other side and bake it again for 10 minutes.
12) Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
13) Store in a air tight containers.
1) Instead of chocolate chips, you can also use roughly chopped chocolate.
2) Use more almonds if you require.
3) It is important to form the log into a correct shape. So take extra care while forming the log before baking. It helps you to get correct shape biscottis.
4) I slice the log in a straight way and you can also slice it diagonally.