Just to wake my blog after a week's break, I am posting this simple thogayal which pairs well with this rice. I make this thogayal only when I prepare this rice and it tastes heaven along with tamarind gravy which is in the queue to treat you next. Now off to the thogayal.
Preparation Time and Cooking Time: <10 minutes
Serves: 3 persons
Black sesame seeds / Ellu - 1/2 cup
Dry red chilli - 3 nos
Jaggery - 1 tablespoon
Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size
Garlic - 3 nos, small size
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 tablespoons
1) Wash and soak tamarind in 2 tablespoons of water. Meanwhile dry roast sesame seeds and dry red chilli. By the time sesame seeds splutter and release aroma, remove from the stove.
3) In a dry mixer, add sesame seeds and dry red chilli and grind it to a powder. Then, add jaggery, garlic cloves, soaked tamarind along with water and salt. Grind it to a smooth paste.
1) It is important to dry roast the sesame seeds just until it splutter. Immediately remove from fire and transfer to another plate to avoid burning.
2) Increase the tamarind size if it is not very sour. Mine was very sour and so I used only in a size of gooseberry.
3) Addition of garlic is optional. Increase of decrease the water quantity as per your personal preference.