After tasting and liking the taste, I started drinking it daily at my office canteen during summer days and ask for orange coloured one before I order. I love the orange coloured muskmelon a lot. To prepare a muskmelon juice for my blog, I searched for the orange coloured muskmelon in the market, but I didn't get one. So, I compromised myself with the white one to prepare this juice.
Before buying it, just smell the fruit and also see if it has stem. If you sense its smell and find the stem is not attached to it, then the fruit is ripe and ready to prepare juice. This is the tip from my aunt which she told me ten years before. :-)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 persons
Musk melon / Cantaloupe / Mulam Pazham / Kirni Pazham - 1 no, medium size
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Water / Milk - 1 cup, boiled and chilled
Green Cardamom - 2 nos, optional
1) Wash and wipe the musk melon. Cut into two halves. scrap out the seeds first. Then, using a spoon scoop out the flesh part. I got about 2 cups of flesh from one musk melon.
2) Put this flesh to a blender/Juicer.
4) Add milk or water and blend again for 1 minute.
5) Serve immediately if you use milk. If you have added water, then store in refrigerator till ready to serve.
1) Drink the juice immediately if you have added milk to it. Otherwise it gives slight bitter taste.
2) Addition of cardamom is optional. My Parents-in-law like the juice with cardamom, so I added it.