generates heat inside the body. but this is not true. Believe me, ripe papaya is good for health but it has to be consumed in correct quantity. It is good to have once in a week. It is also good to heal the stomach ulcer and helps easy digestion. Papaya fruit gives skin glow, prevents heart attack by reducing the cholesterol level.
I prepared this juice using the papaya with red color flesh. I used to get only yellow flesh papaya in Chennai and when I saw this red colored flesh papaya here in my native, tempted to make juice and click. I am posting it under this week's beverages series since I don't have any other recipes at hand as of now.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Ripe Papaya - 3 cups, skin peeled and de-seeded
Cold water - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Ice cubes - as required, optional
1) Cut the papaya in lengthwise. Remove the seeds using spoon. Using the same spoon, scoop out the flesh from it. This way you can easily separate flesh from skin. I got 3 cups of flesh from one large papaya.
3) Add sugar and blend it for 1-2 minutes.
5) Pour in glasses and serve chill with ice cubes.
1) Use only ripe papaya to make this juice.
2) Adjust the sugar quantity based on your taste buds.