I have tried many recipes over web and over a period got to know the basic idea of making cakes/cupcakes. Other than this recipe (which was tried from blueberry boy bait ), I am yet to try my own baking recipe. I don't get time to experiment with baking due to my busy official work and hence simply adapt baking recipes from the blogs I read and prepare them within the limited time I get. Work life balance is difficult part though, I will sure come up with my own baking recipe one day.
Fine, I'll come to today's recipe. It is bookmarked almost a year ago from this site along with Rainbow cupcakes. Revisiting old bookmarks helped to prepare few recipes including this one. I halved the recipe but I got nine muffins. It might vary from the brand or quality of the ingredients you use.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 9 muffins
All purpose flour / Plain flour / Maida - 3/4 cup
Quick cooking oats - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
Granulated sugar - 1/3 cup
Eggs - 1 no, large size
Banana - 1/2 cup, mashed
Peanut butter - 3 tablespoons, Preferably creamy
Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
1) Preheat the oven to 190C(375F) for 15 minutes. Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and keep it aside.
2) Meanwhile, In a large bowl, mix all purpose flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
3) In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, sugar, egg, mashed banana, peanut butter, vanilla essence and buttermilk. Mix till you get smooth mixture without any lumps and the egg is well incorporated.
5) Pour the batter equally to all muffin liners. Make sure to fill just up to the top.
6) Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
1) If you don't have buttermilk, mix 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let it site for 5 minutes and substitute it for 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
2) Granulated sugar can be replaced with brown sugar.