Fortunately, I got a very simple recipe which is nothing but these sesame seeds and Jaggery laddu recipe(Ellu Urundai/ Til Laddu). These laddus are super quick to prepare. It requires only 2 ingredients and often prepared during festival time in India.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 15 laddus (approximately)
Black sesame seeds - 2 cups
Jaggery / Palm Jaggery - 1 heaped cup
1) Dry roast the sesame seeds till it crackles and releases nice aroma. Do not over roast it, otherwise, it tastes bitter. Allow it to cool.
2) Meanwhile, make a powder of jaggery. Keep it aside.
4) Add powdered jaggery to this and again run it till it reaches fine coarse consistency.
6) Enjoy the ellu urundais. It has shelf life of 5 days.
1) Try adding palm jaggery for the perfect taste.
2) Instead of black sesame seeds, you can also use white sesame seeds.
3) Add nuts of your choice to this balls to get crunchy taste. Alternatively, you can grind the sesame seeds into a coarse powder to get crunchy taste without adding any nuts.