I bookmarked this amla lemonade from Priya of Priya's versatile recipes. After trying it couple of times, it became one of my favorite amla drinks after this one. Once I made it for my parents and they also liked it much. A perfect drink to try!
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Indian Gooseberry / Amla / Nellikkai - 4 nos.
Lemon - 1 no.
Sugar - 1/4 cup or as required
Water - 2-3 cups
Ice cubes - as required
1) De-seed the amla and cut into wedges.
2) With the help of little water, grind it to a smooth paste using a Indian mixie.
3) Use a fine sieve and filter only juice from it.
4) Add lemon juice from one lemon.
5) Add sugar and water. Stir well until the sugar dissolves completely. Taste and adjust the water and sugar.
6) Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
1) Choose the yellow and big variety of gooseberry for making this amla lemonade. Tender gooseberries taste bitter and you need more sugar for making amla lemonade.