Fruit custard helps me every time I have unexpected guests to my home. As a first thing, I prepare the custard and keep it inside the refrigerator before I start cooking. By the time I finish cooking, this simple delicious dessert would be ready. My hubby doesn't prefer this. So, I make warm custard and serve them without any fruits. The choice is yours. Prepare chill or warm custard and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Milk - 2 cups
Vanilla custard powder - 3 tablespoons
Sugar / Honey - 2 tablespoons or as required
Fruits - 2 cups (Use any of your favorite fruits. I used Apple, Mango, Banana, pomegranate, guava and nuts)
1) Take 1/4 cup of milk from 2 cups of milk. Mix 3 tablespoons of vanilla custard powder without any lumps.
2) Boil the remaining milk. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to it.
4) Stir continuously until the milk becomes thick. It will take 2 to 5 minutes.
6) Chop the fruits of your choice. Keep this dish refrigerated until you serve.
1) Mix fruits just before serving. Banana, Apple, Pineapple, Papaya, Muskmelon, all berries, oranges, Mango, Pear, Kiwi, Seedless grapes, pomegranate and nuts can be used.
2) You can even serve it without fruits.