Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Uncooked pasta - 1 cup
Onion - 1 no., small size, finely chopped
Tomato - 2 nos., small size
Garlic - 5 cloves, finely chopped
Sweet corn - 1/2 heaped cup
Milk - 2/3 cup or cream - 1/3 cup
Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Black pepper powder - as required
Dried oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried thyme leaves - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated cheese - 3/ 4 cup or as required
Olive oil - 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
1) Cook pasta as per the instructions given in the pack. I cooked it for 10 minutes by adding 3 cups of water, salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to it. Cooking time might vary based on the cooking method you choose (Stove top or microwave).
2) Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and pass under the running water. Drain again and keep aside.
3) When the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a frying pan, add remaining olive oil. Add garlic and onion and saute it till it becomes soft and translucent.
4) Puree the tomato using mixie and add the pureed tomato to the pan. Mix well.
5) Add tomato ketch up. Give good stir. Let it be till the raw smell of tomato goes off.
6) Add corn, salt, pepper and dried herbs. give a stir.
7) Add cooked pasta to it and mix well till it get coated with sauce properly.
8) Pour the milk or cream to it after reducing the flame. Mix gently to coat the pasta with milk or cream.
9) Turn off the stove and transfer the pasta to the ovenproof dish or ramekins. Top it with grated cheese.
10) Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes in 180C.
11) Serve hot.
1) I preheated the oven for 200C for 15 minutes and reduced the temperature to 180C when I kept the dish inside to avoid browning the top.
2) You can use any of the pasta. I used elbow macroni pasta.