The muffins were very soft, spongy and I got them in perfect shape every time when I baked. Loaded with more chocolate chips you would love them to core. I added almost a cup of chocolate chips and used it majorly for topping only. Banana goes well with nuts too. So, you can substitute the chocolate chips with nuts.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Mashed banana - 1 cup
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1 large no., at room temperature
Oil - 1/3 cup
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
All purpose flour / Maida / Plain flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 180C or 375F. Line the muffin tray with muffin liners. In a medium size bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, salt and all purpose flour. Keep it aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add mashed banana, granulated sugar, egg and oil.
3) Mix well till everything is incorporated well.
4) Add dry ingredients. Mix well without any lumps.
5) At last, add vanilla extract and half of the chocolate chips. Mix well.
6) Pour a tablespoon of the above mixture or two to the muffins liners till it is 3/4th filled.
7) Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
8) Bake it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
9) Once done, transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
1) Instead of white sugar, you can also use brown sugar. Adjust as per your taste buds.
2) I just blended the banana in a mixie jar for few seconds to get smooth paste out of it. You can blend it or smash using the spoon or fork. Use ripe banana for best results.
3) All purpose flour can be replaced with wheat flour.
4) Adjust the sugar as per the sweetness of the chocolate chips you use.